Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-30-03 backburner job uses any servers for DR

hi,

if i go to the server that got the job over Backburner, there are other DR servers that render but not the initially clicked ones.(the list in the rendering dialog there is quite correct !)

thanks
    thomes

Hello,

It seems to me that DR is a bit capricious when used with BB. When deadline is short, we often submitt to one BB Server, which will spawn the other nodes .... but DR servers list either shows different nodes (same as you) or it's simply empty ! weird and annoying
    Nicolas Caplat
    www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Originally posted by NicoC View Post
      It seems to me that DR is a bit capricious when used with BB. When deadline is short, we often submitt to one BB Server, which will spawn the other nodes .... but DR servers list either shows different nodes (same as you) or it's simply empty ! weird and annoying
      It depends on whether you saved the scene with the "Save hosts in scene" option in the DR settings. If it is ON, the server list is stored with the scene and used on the BB node. If it is OFF, then the BB node uses its own local server list.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. Usually, "Save hosts in Scene" is checked by default, I'll check if it was the case.
        EDIT: I've just checked the scene, and "Save Servers in Scene" was checked, as usual ...
        Last edited by NicoC; 29-01-2016, 12:55 AM.
        Nicolas Caplat
        www.intangibles.fr

Comment

colleague said it was "on", and as said, the list in the renderdialog was suprisingly absolutely ok !! but there were other servers rendering !

i did two tests over BB and i had no problems. maybe it was on a server with "wrong administrative rights" ? possible?

i will control that in the next days, and come back of it still persists and when i´m absolutely sure.

thanks vlado
          Last edited by thomes; 29-01-2016, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X