Problems with 3ds Max licensing for Vray render slaves with DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with 3ds Max licensing for Vray render slaves with DR

I would like to use a render slave with distributed rendering. So I install a standard downloaded 3ds Max 2016 + SP2 and of course, it runs in "Test mode" for 30 days, displaying a popup on every start.
    When I run Vray spawner, it tries to start 3dsmax with the default empty scene, but 3ds Max will not run, probably because of the missing license.
    So I am asking for clarification: is it possible to have a render node with unlicensed 3ds Max 2016 running Vray for distributed rendering? (I noticed that backburner renderings work fine). Any hints for me? Thanks for any help.

You do not need to have licensed 3ds max in order to run a DR job with VRay, you just need to have 3ds Max installed. Please note that 3ds max will start only in dummy mode when called by the VRaySpawner.
    Did you start VRaySpawner as a service? If so you should not see the 3ds max dummy, it will be running in the background. In another hand if you start the VRay Spawner manually you should get the 3ds max dummy in the task bar.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for this clarification. I just did a reinstall - and now it works

Comment

Working...
      X