Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Buckets

Hi,

I've been noticing quite a lot recently (possibly since 3.30, not sure) that I get the occasional bucket in dark areas of a render that will just come out completely black.
    It's often barely noticeable while it's rendering, but if I boost the exposure when it's done, it leaves me with a lot of cleaning up to do in Photoshop, or in one case, a whole re-render with progressive rather than adaptive sampling.
    I've attached an image to show what I mean.

Is there some kind of cut off value that I'm missing that would allow these buckets to render?

Cheers,

John

Click image for larger version

Name:	buckets.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	883495
    Website
    Behance
    Instagram

Maybe try raising your minimum aa to 2 - with motion blurred things sometimes vray doesn't hit anything with it's first ray and assumes that there's nothing in the bucket - it could be the same with very dark parts?

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
      Maybe try raising your minimum aa to 2 - with motion blurred things sometimes vray doesn't hit anything with it's first ray and assumes that there's nothing in the bucket - it could be the same with very dark parts?
      Thanks John. I'll give it a try and report back.

Cheers,

John
      Website
      Behance
      Instagram

Comment

we get missing buckets on one machine that has WINDOWS 8 installed.
        all others are WIN7.
        happens very randomly :-/
        some scenes render fine, some dont....we had to take it out of the farm, i will have to collide a new post about this issue.
        so far only problems with the windows 8 machine.
        Martin
        http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
          we get missing buckets on one machine that has WINDOWS 8 installed.
          all others are WIN7.
          happens very randomly :-/
          some scenes render fine, some dont....we had to take it out of the farm, i will have to collide a new post about this issue.
          so far only problems with the windows 8 machine.
          I've had it happening on Win 7 and Win 10.
          Raising the minimum aa seems to have done the trick, but I had to go to 3 to get rid of every missing bucket.

Cheers,

John
          Website
          Behance
          Instagram

Comment

Another think you can try is to increase the bucket size. This way there is a bigger chance that V-Ray will hit something and will not leave the bucket black.
            Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko.Keremidchiev View Post
              Another think you can try is to increase the bucket size. This way there is a bigger chance that V-Ray will hit something and will not leave the bucket black.

Would this work if the "autoscale" option is on for the bucket size (render region division), meaning that the bucket size will get smaller and smaller as the render reaches the end?

Comment

Originally posted by sharktacos View Post
                Would this work if the "autoscale" option is on for the bucket size (render region division), meaning that the bucket size will get smaller and smaller as the render reaches the end?
                It should help until the point when the bucket size start to decrease but it is not guaranteed that the issue won't appear when the bucket size becomes too small.
                Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                X