Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRay for 3ds Max renders different from VRay Stand-alone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay for 3ds Max renders different from VRay Stand-alone?

I am exporting my 3ds Max scene with the .vrscene exporer and want to render it with VRay stand-alone; the ultimate goal being able to use a Linux cloud machine. However, the rendered image created by VRay stand-alone is way too bright:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vray max.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	883552
    good image created within 3ds Max

Click image for larger version

Name:	test.0309.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	883554
    not so good image created with Vray Standalone

Does anyone of you experienced guys have a hint on what I might have done wrong here? I am using the latest 3.30.04 versions and 3ds Max 2016+SP2 without any plugins. Standalone does not display any errors, just the subpixel warning.

I'll appreciate any help.

I'm not quite sure what's wrong; if you can post a simplified version of the scene, it would be great, or you can send it to support@chaosgroup.com and we'll figure out what's going on.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by rkuerbitz View Post
      I am exporting my 3ds Max scene with the .vrscene exporer and want to render it with VRay stand-alone; the ultimate goal being able to use a Linux cloud machine. However, the rendered image created by VRay stand-alone is way too bright:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28539[/ATTACH]
      good image created within 3ds Max

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28541[/ATTACH]
      not so good image created with Vray Standalone

Does anyone of you experienced guys have a hint on what I might have done wrong here? I am using the latest 3.30.04 versions and 3ds Max 2016+SP2 without any plugins. Standalone does not display any errors, just the subpixel warning.

I'll appreciate any help.
      I'm just curious to know if it may just be a gamma setting. With 2016, I know Max has the Gamma settings set to a specified and not changeable, etc. I still use 2013 so not sure how this may affect the rendering. I know VRay 3.3 is made compatible with that workflow of 2016?

Comment

Hm, not sure it's just gamma, doesn't look like it.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi all, I did indeed send a simplified scene to chaosgroup's support, and they confirmed a bug:
          It seems like the Physical scale parameter of the Physical Camera Exposure Control is not considered for VRaySun when you render with V-Ray Standalone.
          As a workaround, you can keep it ON and at its default value of 1500 candelas, although you'll have to tweak the lighting and exposure to get the same result as before that.

Hopefully, a fix is being made available quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X