Displacemet and Embree - Edge length 1 or less is no no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacemet and Embree - Edge length 1 or less is no no

So if I set my edge length to 1 (or less), the pc stands still at the embree raycast accelerator stage. Max reads it's only using about half my RAM, but the hang is so bad, I can't even move the mouse.
    I don't know what it is doing during this time, but the hard drive goes nuts. Caching to disk?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

1! Good grief. I have been raising mine to 8 and checking static geometry, which renders out fine.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Have you tried turning off Embree? You might have stumbled across something.

Originally posted by Morne View Post
      So if I set my edge length to 1 (or less), the pc stands still at the embree raycast accelerator stage. Max reads it's only using about half my RAM, but the hang is so bad, I can't even move the mouse.
      I don't know what it is doing during this time, but the hard drive goes nuts. Caching to disk?
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
        I was going to ask that too...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          Originally posted by vlado View Post
          I was going to ask that too...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I'll give it a try in the morning. Just as another note, in the stack, below VRayDisplacement and below UVMap, I've tried adding a subdivs modifier and set it to VERY SMALL. I've also tried same with the Quadrify modifier and the mesh is then so dense that in wireframe it looks SOLID in the viewport. However, with or without subdivision and with or without quadrify, the actual render result doesnt seem to make any difference
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Working...
          X