Clear All

• Noise in Render Elements

Click image for larger version

Name:	renderelement-noise.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	883645

Hey guys!
    Currently I continue a project which started last year. I have to render some stills. And I discoverd much more noise in my favourite render elements: VrayMatteShadow and VrayRawLighting
    See attachement.
    Last year I was working with V-Ray Version 3.20.03 and now with 3.30.04.
    When opening the file I click "No".

I also tried the new "standard settings" which come with the new version, but nothing helped so far.

What is the problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    Olaf
    Olaf Bendfeldt
    3D-Artist
    dimension3+

Would it be possible to send us a striped version of this scene to support at chaosgroup.com so we could investigate further. Make sure you mention this thread in your e-mail.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

OK. I'll send you a light version.
      Olaf Bendfeldt
      3D-Artist
      dimension3+

Comment

Thank you for the answer!

When decreasing the AA Color threshold from 0,01 to 0,002 the noise in my elements is nearly gone.
        But also rendertime increases from 0:46 min to 2:55 min.
        Olaf Bendfeldt
        3D-Artist
        dimension3+

Comment

Looks like the noise that happens when Clamp and subpixel mapping is on in the recent Vray Version. In case it´s enabled in your scene, give it a try without these two parameters.

Comment

I just checked it. Both parameters are off.
            Olaf Bendfeldt
            3D-Artist
            dimension3+

Comment

Originally posted by samuel_bubat View Post
              Looks like the noise that happens when Clamp and subpixel mapping is on in the recent Vray Version. In case it´s enabled in your scene, give it a try without these two parameters.
              Like Olaf I just recently experienced this same problem while making a dirt map pass with VRayExtraTex Render element and I have both Clamp and subpixel mapping off as well.
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

The noise that you get in the light pass is due to sampling optimization in V-Ray 3.30.04. Although the noise is visible in the light pass it doesn't affect the RGB. V-Ray uses less samples for the dark parts of the shadows.
                Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                X