DR issue when network rendering Render To Texture job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR issue when network rendering Render To Texture job

I knew something was fishy so I've avoided network rendering with render to texture. But since I'm seeing it again I thought I'd post. Basically if I use render to texture locally with vray's DR, I have no issue and it renders as expected. But when I send the job to backburner, DR never kicks in. Has anyone reproduced this? I should note that sending still images through backburner the normal way with DR is how I do all my work and that has been working consistently and perfectly.
    Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

That actually works without any issues here with 3dsMax 2016 and V-Ray 3.30.05.
    Can you give us more information about the networks setup that you are using, so we could run a few tests using the same setup here?
    Would it be also possible to run a quick test with a very simple scene like a box and domelight and see if that works or not?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Follow up, although one of the devs might post as well. Here's what I heard back:

We managed to isolate the cause of the issue after a lot of testing.

The reason DR is not working is because the options and servers chosen for DR are not transferred by Backburner to the client machines.
      In this case they keep reading what is in their own vray_dr.cfg file and if the slaves you've chosen for DR are missing as entries, they won't kick-in and most probably the whole job will fail.

We have submitted that as a bug to our developers and will notify you as soon as we have any updates on it.

As a workaround, you can manually enter the DR slaves IPs in each of the backburner client machines.
      Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

Working...
      X