Post color editing - after effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post color editing - after effects

This is partially an After Effects question - I understand if the post gets booted, but I'm using vray to get here, and this community simply understands my questions than any others I have worked with in the past.

Dilemma: I have an architectural animation that I completed for a client several months ago which contains 10-12 buildings. The owner of the property has decided to change a couple materials. To save tome time, I planned to simply create some matte layers to use as selections to apply a hue and saturation adjustment in after effects. The problem is, I can't get it to work. I have saved png files with only the new color showing up in the image. Everything else is rendered as transparent background using matte object (effect alpha -1) in the v-ray properties. It is saving the frame as I expected, but I can't seem to get an adjustment layer to only use the alpha from this new rendered png to work the way I want. my comp looks like this:

Layer 1: adjustment layer with hue and saturation applied. Set matte effect has the take matte from layer set on "test.png"
    Layer 2: original rendered frame
    Layer 3: test.png

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have tried several options for several hours, and I can't seem to make it work.
    Timothy Saunders

don`t use an adjustment layer, it`ll affect everything beneath it. duplicate your base rendered frame and put the set matte and hue/saturation on it and point it to the layer 3 matte. it assumes the alpha is working, an image with black doesn`t automatically mean the alpha saved correctly.

Comment

Working...
    X