Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• velocity pass wackiness - max velocity 1000000000

3ds max 2016 sp3 and vray 3.30.05

I have pflow particles fly into scene and attach to an object via a data operator. I also have pflow particles animate along a path, but they don't move. They are simply stacking disks. One pops on after another. These particles are then added to a vray instancer where the vray proxy is assigned. Basically, this creates vray proxy particles.

Now rendering the velocity channel creates crazy high values. Max velocity in last frame will be 10000000 and I am not sure if that is all the zeros because they totally fill the info box. The coins flying into frame are coming in over 1.5 to 2 seconds, so not super fast. The other really odd issue is that the even the disks that are not moving render with the same velocity colors as the ones that are moving. Static geometry renders properly (gray value), but static particles are rendering with velocity. Even when all the particles are resolved and static, they still render with the same velocity as when they were moving.

Any ideas?

I am hoping this will help someone save time.

I was using the vRay Instancer to attach vRay Proxies to pflow particles. This set up works very nicely for all render passes that I am using so far. However, it does NOT work for a velocity pass. I know this for certain from many hours of tests and the same pflow system will work with other shapes or shape instances, just not the velocity pass.

Comment

This is a known issue which has been fixed for the next service pack.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
      X