Distribute rendering using backburner - host actively refused connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distribute rendering using backburner - host actively refused connection

what reasons could there be for a distributed render slave running vrayspawner (3.30.05) actively refusing to connect when rendering a job via backburner?
    apart from firewall...?

basically in the office we have 3 workstations and one racked dual xeon rendering machine that runs the backburner manager, monitor and server, we submit a job via the workstations and the job starts rendering on the rack machine.
    if overnight we have a larger number of things rendering or a particuarly heavy scene we set the workstations to run as distributed render slaves via drspawner... when testing locally on my workstation one of the other workstations comes up saying that it actively refused the connection? on the particular machine the firewall is turned off, and vray (spawner etc) is also included in the "allow through" list, along with 3ds max and backburner.

any ideas?

Would it be possible to verify that:
    * You have set the correct port in the DR settings 20204
    * the license settings on these machine/s
    * there is no other errors in the V-Ray log on the slave machine/s

Is the V-Ray spawner registered as a Windows service or you are starting it manually ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
      Would it be possible to verify that:
      * You have set the correct port in the DR settings 20204
      * the license settings on these machine/s
      * there is no other errors in the V-Ray log on the slave machine/s

Is the V-Ray spawner registered as a Windows service or you are starting it manually ?
      I'll double check but I'm pretty sure that all of the above checks out.
      the spawner service is being started manually.

Comment

Would it be possible to send us the V-Ray log from one of the render slaves to support@chaosgroup.com ?
        Vraylog.txt from C:\Users\CURRENT_USER\AppData\Local\Temp
        and Max.log > %localappdata%\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\Network
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

We had a similar issue recently and Chaos Group discovered you must open 3ds Max on the slave machines and add the IP addresses and tick the necessary boxes to the DR settings otherwise for some reason backburner will not work with DR even though it works fine without using backburner. Might be worth checking that out.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesCutler View Post
            We had a similar issue recently and Chaos Group discovered you must open 3ds Max on the slave machines and add the IP addresses and tick the necessary boxes to the DR settings otherwise for some reason backburner will not work with DR even though it works fine without using backburner. Might be worth checking that out.
            cool - thanks for the tip - will check it out.

Comment

If you have only one server machine and others are working only as distributed render slaves i suggest you using trial version of deadline. It is free for 2 machines i think, works perfectly.
              Available for remote work.
              My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

Working...
              X