DR problems with 3.30.04 (26661)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR problems with 3.30.04 (26661)

In the past few days we have been running into problems with DR. When rendering multiple frames overnight the first 1-3 frames will render fine. After a couple of frames the renderslaves will stop rendering. Looking at the task manager it seems they do load the scenes into their memory but they simply will not start rendering. Shutting down the spawner and restarting it will get the slave back into the game and it will render fine for a while until it stops again. This is starting to be a major headache as we obviously don't monitor the servers manually overnight. To be sure I checked the changelogs for the more recent nightly builds but I did not see anything that might relate to this problem. It seems to be a Vray issue as restarting the spawner fixes it instantly and we did not have this problem before.

Is this a known issue? Or does anybody have any advice on how to fix/avoid it?

Hi,
    Actually I'm not sure if this issue is related to the build you are using or specific for the scene you are trying to render and I would like to ask for some more details from you.
    Does it happen only with that scene? Have tried with another (simple) scene ?
    Are you running V-Ray spawner as a service on the render nodes?
    Please attach the V-Ray log for this render. You can find it > %localappdata%\Autodesk\3dsMax\2016 - 64bit\ENU\Network
    Verify that all machines participating in this job have exactly the same V-Ray build and Max Service pack installed.

I will try to replicate the issue here using the same nightly build.
    BTW which 3DS Max Version is that?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I've asked my colleagues and it seems to occur in different scenes as well (although I can not verify this at the moment due to deadlines).
      The Vray spawner is not running as a windows service but is started and closed manually. All machines are running 3ds Max 2016 with SP3 and Vray 3.30.04 26661(both workstations as slaves).
      It is not possible for me to attach the log files as the referenced filenames and such would reveal sensitive information. If it is useful I could send them (the host log file and one of the slave log files) to you by email.

Comment

Just completed one test for twenty frames and everything worked as expected with that build. So it would be very helpful if you can send us the log for this job to our support mail : support@chaosgroup.com
        Then we can continue troubleshooting this issue via email. Thank you.
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X