Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Reflection question

sometimes....

Have a simple setup here (see attachment) with a simple reflecting ground plane.
    But i got i weird result with the reflection from that little logo patch.
    It should not reflect that white, right? But why is it happening?
    Seems ok when i use a regular not reflecting vraymat but as soon i make it reflect it`s turning out way brighter in the ground reflection?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ground-reflection.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	883867
    OLIKA
    www.olika.de

Hey, it's probably (indirectly) reflecting a light or reflection plane. As you see it via the floor it will reflect a different part of your lighting env, mainly up instead of down.
    Rens Heeren
    Generalist
    WEBSITE - IMDB - LINKEDIN - OSL SHADERS

Comment

Originally posted by Rens View Post
      Hey, it's probably (indirectly) reflecting a light or reflection plane. As you see it via the floor it will reflect a different part of your lighting env, mainly up instead of down.
      I agree with Rens, if you want to test that then lower or raise your camera and see if the reflection in the reflection of the logo changes.

-dave
      Cheers,
      -dave
      ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

thanks for the fast reply!
        i follow you on that one, it changes with the camera angle.
        But i twist my brain now with behavior of reflections in that case. In other words it is behavior of a reflective object on a reflective ground?!
        But how to control? I try to put a light to get a nice reflection on some upper corner of the object and then when the light is in a bad position the logo starts to shine only in ground reflection?
        Any ways to avoid that? Playing around and finding better reflector positions?
        OLIKA
        www.olika.de

Comment

Play around. It's just how light behaves.
          For a hack try lowering the reflection depth for the groundplane to like 1.
          Software:
          Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
          3ds Max 2016 SP4
          V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
          Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
          64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Working...
          X