Update to Vray 3.3, now log window is greyed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update to Vray 3.3, now log window is greyed out

I use the log window to see if DR is connecting to my slave computers. Since I upgraded to 3.3, log window is set to "Never" and is greyed out.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - Chris

Click image for larger version

Name:	Log window.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	883888

Hello,

My guess is you are using Max 2016. For the initial 3.3 release we used the native Max log dialog (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...9320C-htm.html). Because of that - the menus related to the log in the V-Ray settings is disabled.

For the latest version 3.30.05 we've decided to return to our original message window - and to enable the controls again.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Strange to remove a feature, but thanks for the info. Will get the latest version of 3.3.

Thanks - Chris

Comment

I dont think they realized how many people rely on that feature, I always have it on and panic when I cant see the log lol.
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

We were actually hoping that the Max render message dialog would work better . It has some more options - like copying (parts of) messages, different tabs for production and active shade and etc..
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
            We were actually hoping that the Max render message dialog would work better . It has some more options - like copying (parts of) messages, different tabs for production and active shade and etc..
            Ah ok. Still you had to know that anything that you make would be 100X more stable than something that had been in max since almost day 1 I think you are far better off extending the capabilities of your own log window.
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by Syclone1 View Post
              Ah ok. Still you had to know that anything that you make would be 100X more stable than something that had been in max since almost day 1 I think you are far better off extending the capabilities of your own log window.

+1

Same goes for the camera!
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Working...
              X