Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raw GI artifacts not visible in GI or beauty ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw GI artifacts not visible in GI or beauty ?

Hi all

We are doing some comp work and have issues with our Raw GI pass. Everything else renders fine but teh raw GI has these strange errors in certain places. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix these as its currently a bit of a show stopper for us.

In the attached image to show an example, the image on the right is the GI pass, the image on the left is the RAW GI .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Raw_GI_issue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	883904

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks

Will.
    Last edited by irwit; 06-04-2016, 02:00 AM.

This is happening to us as well. Any info on this would be great.
    David Weaver

Senior "Belief Crafter"
    Realtime UK

https://www.artstation.com/artist/weaver

Comment

We have been looking into this and it seems to happen when we have a 100% single channel; used for the color. If I use same a mid beige color, the raw GI is ok. But if I use 0,255,0 green we see the errors. Issue being we need to use a 0,255,0 green.

Comment

I not sure this helps at all but Ive also noticed the errors are only present in the R and B channels in my tests. So I tried changing my base difuse colour to 1,255,1 green. This removes teh errors from the blue channel but not the red. Its all very strange.

Comment

Not trying to be silly but what if you used something like 1,254,1 ?
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Thanks for the reply syclone.

I have actually found the cause of the issue. Its Embree. Turning Embree off removes all errors and you get a clean render. Hopefully this can be logged as a bug and fixed?

Comment

Good to know
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Which V-Ray version is this? I can't manage to reproduce the issue. Can you attach an example scene?
                Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

If you cannot reproduce this I will try with 3.3 and see if this fixes it.

Comment

Working...
                  X