Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens Effects - Glare Mask Intensity

V-Ray 3.30.05 build 26676.

Is this suppose to work now or is it still broken?

Switching the intensity mask OFF works for sure, but setting it on and giving a value, doesn't. There is a difference between switching it on and off, but changing the value doesnt do anything.

I have an interior with the sky through the windows about 2.0
    I have some globes inside where I pushed it up to get around 4.5 and some other that's just over 1. However, the glare still effects ALL those in the same way, even though I set the Intensity in the mask all the way up to 60 to try and only get the globes to have an effect.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Hate to bump the thread, but I need an answer.

Alternatively, will object ID work and I then I just select my globes and give it an ID?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

So I just figured out this has been broken for some time already from doing searches etc.

Honestly ChaosGroup! If you know a feature is broken then it should be disabled with a RED label or tooltip or something so we dont waste our time with it until its fixed.

V-Ray is great, but it's these little things...
      Last edited by Morne; 08-04-2016, 03:58 PM.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
        So I just figured out this has been broken for some time already from doing searches etc.

Honestly ChaosGroup! If you know a feature is broken then it should be disabled with a RED label or tooltip or something so we dont waste our time with it until its fixed.

V-Ray is great, but it's these little things...
        Agreed...I made a similar comment a long time ago about this.
        "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
        Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Hi, I know it's been awhile since this issue was initially reported, but please be patient. We definitely want to make those options available and fully working instead of moving them out of the UI.
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by tashko.zashev View Post
            Hi, I know it's been awhile since this issue was initially reported, but please be patient. We definitely want to make those options available and fully working instead of moving them out of the UI.
            Will this be fixed within this version of Vray? now that Max 2017 is out I assume SP4 will be released soon. it's been broken since SP1.
            Thomas A. Edison

Comment

You are correct, this has been broken for a very long time now.
              We are not able to provide any time frames for the fix however.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

any update?
                Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Nope. Not yet, sorry.
                  This is a very important fix and we won't forget to update all forum threads where this has been reported.

Comment

I hate to sound like a broken record...but from what I understood at the Siggraph presentation Vlado did we have about one or two service packs left in VRay 3 before VRay 4 is this going to be fixed in this version of Vray?

I remember it breaking sometime after it was implemented into the VFB could it be put back like how it worked in VRay 2 as an effect??

-E
                    Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Originally posted by eyepiz View Post
                      I hate to sound like a broken record...but from what I understood at the Siggraph presentation Vlado did we have about one or two service packs left in VRay 3 before VRay 4 is this going to be fixed in this version of Vray?
                      I believe this fix will be added to any upcoming release (service pack or major version) when it's available.

I remember it breaking sometime after it was implemented into the VFB could it be put back like how it worked in VRay 2 as an effect??
                      I have to check with our devs, but probably not.

Comment

any update? 3.40.03 look like cant control bloom/glare by object ID/ material ID yet.
                        www.archcg.my

Comment

Originally posted by cmjohncheng View Post
                          any update? 3.40.03 look like cant control bloom/glare by object ID/ material ID yet.
                          Not yet, sorry. The fix is still work in progress. We'll post in this thread as soon as we have any news.
                          Miroslav Ivanov
                          Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
                          X