10061 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10061 issue

I'm in a situation where I can render locally on both the host machine where the dongle sits and on the laptop that does not have the dongle. One at a time
    But I can't use BB on the host machine and render locally on the other at the same time.
    I can render with BB but when I try to work on my laptop I get 10061 error when rendering. License is free and I can change the render settings/materials. But I simply can't render.
    If I do render locally on my laptop the BB projects will fail until I complete the laptop rendering.

If you're on VRay 3 then you probably have a workstation license and a render node license.

The Workstation license is for the user interface in max to change settings, materials etc. (not for rendering)
    Render node is for rendering.

You need a render node license for each machine that will render
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Ha! I clearly havn't read the license properly. I just assumed (danger) that we still had a few render node licenses as we used to. (prior to 3.0)
      I'm clearly not keeping myself up to date. I was under the impression that you got a few but not a lot of render nodes with the license and that you would buy extra for a farm of greater size. Never mind I have been away from the 3D business for some years now. Maybe I should stay gone...
      Thanks for the quick reply. (off to reading the manual)

Comment

Error 10061 means that V-Ray could not connect to a license server, or a firewall is blocking the connection. It might mean that you didn't set up the license server settings correctly on the BB machine.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

No it's the hard reality that you need more cash so you limited the number of render nodes that were included in the license. No hard feelings I was up baking textures all night and i would have been able to hit the pillow a few hours earlier had I invested in more nodes. But I'm not doing this for a living any more so I'll get extra time to embrace patience.

Comment

Working...
          X