No announcement yet.

VRayDenoiser complete black unless I uncheck the hardware acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.40.02 is already in the downloads section. The black denoise result that happened on some of the machines is fixed. No need for workarounds when using it. Sorry for the troubles.

Best,
    Blago.
    V-Ray fan.
    Looking busy around GPUs ...
    RTX ON

Comment

hmmm iam using the latest vray and i still get black denoiser element unless i uncheck the HW acceleration.
      GTX TITAN on board

furthermore, switcing into the denoiser element makes the progressive rendering stop/pause.
      when i switch back to the RGB element it takes a while before it starts computing again.
      Last edited by PIXELBOX_SRO; 15-06-2016, 02:05 AM.
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Same thing for me. I installed 3.40.02 on my farm and all the denoiser frames are black. Note that the same computer that renders them correctly locally renders them black when participating to the network render.

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
        Little Antman
        See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
        Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
          hmmm iam using the latest vray and i still get black denoiser element unless i uncheck the HW acceleration.
          GTX TITAN on board

furthermore, switcing into the denoiser element makes the progressive rendering stop/pause.
          when i switch back to the RGB element it takes a while before it starts computing again.
          Is this with V-Ray 3.40.02 ? Can you set the verbose level from the V-Ray settings to 4 and paste / screenshot the V-Ray log ?

@jstrob It works with hardware acceleration off, right ? Do you denoise using vdenoise.exe ? Can you share the log as well ?

Thanks.
          V-Ray fan.
          Looking busy around GPUs ...
          RTX ON

Comment

Hi,

I didn't want to start a new thread for that but when you leave bloom and glare effects on before rendering, the denoise is computed but doesn't replace the rgb...
            The workaround is to uncheck before rendering and then check, lucky the pass useful for it are rendered somehow by the denoiser...

Comment

Originally posted by gregvfx View Post
              Hi,

I didn't want to start a new thread for that but when you leave bloom and glare effects on before rendering, the denoise is computed but doesn't replace the rgb...
              The workaround is to uncheck before rendering and then check, lucky the pass useful for it are rendered somehow by the denoiser...
              I manage to reproduce that and will add it into our bug-tracking system.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

when i render to exr and open in photoshop, unless I turn off the denoise layers, my RGB layer has black objects. I have no idea how this is happening because RGB is at the top of the layers

Comment

Would it be possible to send that EXR for investigation, or if possible to to open it in another application like Fusion/Nuke etc and see if the issue is there?
                  Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                  Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                  X