PNG Library Internal Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNG Library Internal Error

Hi we just updated to vray 3.4.1 and now we cannot load vray spawner without this error popping up on our render nodes. With max 2016

Did some google and it looks like this is an old error that no one has had since 2012, I've tried all fixes I can find and nothing helps.
    Reinstalling vray again didn't help.

EDIT: I just replaced the vrayspawner2016.exe and .xml files from one machine that didnt have the issue and the issue is now fixed, so perhaps there is an issue with the installer... very strange really. The installer was run over the network from a NAS box.

EDIT: However there is a production scene that has the error now, it gives it 9 times before proceeding with the render and is rendering a chrome texture incorrectly.

EDIT: I fixed the production scene by deleting all PNG files from the asset browser, turns out none of them were in use anyway, just old remnants of a sketch up file. I fixed the chrome texture by flipping the normals, for some reason vray 3.3 didn't have an issue with it but 3.4 they needed flipping. Very strange.

Also ANOTHER production scene is having issues with the PNG thing. I hope this does not keep happening.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed that by turning off save to png, so I guess that my png 'thing' is broken...
    Last edited by werticus; 09-06-2016, 02:29 AM.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

This error just went away on it's own the next day... very strange.
    WerT
    www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

I've seen this before, but I think it's more of a general Max issue. Glad that it works now.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X