Denoiser output black on my farm setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denoiser output black on my farm setup

When I render with the denoiser I can see the correct results locally. But when I launch a render on my render farm the denoiser element output black frames (while all the other elements are ok) I use RPM 6.051 and deadline 8 in max 2016 with vray 3.40.01 from daylies last stable 2016-06-07.

Any ideas?

Explosion & smoke I did with PhoenixFD
    Little Antman
    See Iron Baby and other of my models on Turbosquid!
    Some RnD involving PhoenixFD

Probably similar to this issue.
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...e-acceleration

The temp solution is here
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...637#post695637
    Last edited by Raven; 12-06-2016, 03:48 AM.
    Gavin Jeoffreys
    Freelance 3D Generalist

Comment

ok thanks Gavin!

I deactivated hardware acc but the denoiser render black omn the farm. I will try the other fix.

Little Antman

Comment

Originally posted by jstrob View Post
        ok thanks Gavin!

I deactivated hardware acc but the denoiser render black omn the farm. I will try the other fix.
        side question, how do you specify to save render elements in deadline?
        Architectural and Product Visualization at MITVIZ
        http://www.mitviz.com/
        http://mitviz.blogspot.com/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/shawnmitford/

i7 5960@4 GHZm, 64 gigs Ram, Geforce gtx 970, Geforce RTX 2080 ti x2

Comment

Have you found a way to resolve this issue or it still persists?
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I was busy on other thing lately, sorry, but i will try again today. And to answer your questions: it was not working with hardware off neither and I don't know what is denoise.exe, I was just adding the vray denoiser element in RPManager. In RPM's deadline section I just leave the settings like I always used them when it worked correctly with previous vray versions (I checked "restart renderer between frames" and unchecked "update render element's path"). I will send you the log when I do a test today.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	deadline rpm.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	862453

Little Antman

Comment

I am trying again to render with the denoiser on the farm, and still I get black frames for the denoiser element. I also have many objects that appear cpmpletely blakc in all elements. Those are the object to which I did not apply a new materail (some sphere that I created and they use the default vray material.

Can you remind me where i can find the vray log on the slaves? In c:\VRayLog.txt, there are only old entries form 2015.

Little Antman

Comment

I was busy on other thing lately, sorry, but i will try again today. And to answer your questions: it was not working with hardware off neither and I don't know what is denoise.exe, I was just adding the vray denoiser element in RPManager. In RPM's deadline section I just leave the settings like I always used them when it worked correctly with previous vray versions (I checked "restart renderer between frames" and unchecked "update render element's path"). I will send you the log when I do a test today.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]30983[/ATTACH]
                Let's remove the RPManager from the equation and run one test without it. Just add render elements in the normal way via Render Elements rollout of Render Setup:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2016-06-24_13-05-33.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	862465

I am trying again to render with the denoiser on the farm, and still I get black frames for the denoiser element. I also have many objects that appear cpmpletely blakc in all elements. Those are the object to which I did not apply a new materail (some sphere that I created and they use the default vray material.

Can you remind me where i can find the vray log on the slaves? In c:\VRayLog.txt, there are only old entries form 2015.
                The log file is usually stored in the %temp% folder.
                Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I found a way to render on the farm with the denoiser element outputing correctly. But I loose the ability to control filenaming via rpmanger. Because I had to check "separate render channels" in the Frame Buffer section of the V-Ray render settings. normally I leave it unchecked and RPM take care of elements filenaming. When creating a new version everything gets updated from the name of the RPM layer. But with separate render channels checked, RPM can no longer rename the element and they are named from the name we input in the separate r c field.

But anyway I was considering to change this habit and use always the same names for every version (just versionning the main folder where I output everything). That way I would not need a plugin (immigration) in after effect for switching version.

So I guess i will have to see Grant from RPM to see if can make RPM to behave like before with the denoiser.
                  Last edited by jstrob; 31-07-2016, 09:04 PM.

Little Antman

Comment

Working...
                  X