Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax xref-object (group) looses partly material and shows object colour

hi,
    grouped objects as an xref-object, and 2 loose the material...(the lost material has no maps...only vraymaterial) max2016 sp1 vray 3-40-02

update ...?? error window pops up before rendering...it searches for an xrefmaterial in the xref-file ?? i think it came after i picked the material from an object of the xref-object... whats that ?

any idea?
    thanks
    Last edited by thomes; 24-06-2016, 03:52 AM.

seems that if i change any objects material in the xrefobjectfile, save it and actualize this xrefobject in the other max, the materials do not get updated... max SP or vrayproblem?

Comment

Any chance to send us a sample scenes for investigation?
      Does the same thing happen with other materials and render engines?
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

hi svetlozar,
        too late..., nearly a half year later i can´t find the problematic file. didn´t save it these days...

thanks
        thomes

Comment

Having the same issue here, the XREF objects looses it texture and materials,...

do you think using vray proxy for a large scale scene is better??
          PC Specs: CPU i9-14900K - GPU RTX 4090 - RAM 192GB 5200MHz - MB Asus ROG Maximus Dark Hero

Comment

I had exactly the same problem on a large project recently with Vray 3.40.02 and Max 2016! Using xref objects and xref materials was somewhat mandatory because of the scale of the job. It turned out to be a nightmare. Max was losing the xref materials on objects randomly and I didn't know why. Sometimes it was fine, sometimes they were missing. Restarting Max fixed it for a while before things broke again soon after. I was forced to use local/not xref'ed materials on each scene. Needles to say it was a daunting task because if a material changed, it had to manually be updated across all scene for this project. Good thing I don't have to deal with xref materials often.
            Aleksandar Mitov
            www.renarvisuals.com
            office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
            AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
            64GB DDR5
            GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

do you think it is better to use only V-ray Proxy instead?
              PC Specs: CPU i9-14900K - GPU RTX 4090 - RAM 192GB 5200MHz - MB Asus ROG Maximus Dark Hero

Comment

Working...
              X