VFB still getting stuck in 3.4.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB still getting stuck in 3.4.02

VFB still gets stuck and i have to force minimize/maximize for it to work normally... Thought this issue had been fixed in a previous version?

Jup same here, 3 times out of 10 have this issue. Better than 10/10 but still.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Can you remind me what the issue was? Or just link to the previous thread?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nevermind, I found it. Will take a look ASAP.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Hm, is this in 3ds Max 2017?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I have it in 2016 on 2 different computers. Vray 3.40.01. I've just updated to .02 will see if it improved.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

No, it's on 2015 SP3, it's has been like this for the past 3-4 months or so, but i feel like it's worse/more frequent since 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Also happening on 2017 here.
                https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Same recurrent problem here, with 3dsmax 2016, Win7.
                  Nicolas Caplat
                  www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Hi All,

This seems very randomly occurring and we have trouble reproducing it here, can you give more details on how it is reproducing? In particular:
                    Is it happening after rendering;
                    Can it happen with empty scene and default settings;
                    Currently it is confirmed on Windows 7 only, do you get it on other versions;
                    Can it happen if the VFB is not focused?

Best regards,
                    Alexander
                    Alexander Kazandzhiev
                    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hello Alexander,

Here it's always after rendering.
                      It doesn't seem to happen with empty scene.
                      Sorry, but what do you mean by "if the VFB is not focused" ?

Thanks.
                      Nicolas Caplat
                      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I'm on windows 10 max2015 sp3.
                        After rendering, both with region render and without. Both with bucket mode and progressive. I haven't noticed this happening with RT GPU, but cannot confirm.
                        When it gets stuck, i cannot do anything in max, it seems the VFB becomes the only "clickable" thing apart from the taskbar, and i have to force minimize in the taskbar, if i start a new render it doesn't maximize, so i have to manually click the taskbar again. Closing and re-opening seems to temporarily fix it, until it happens again.

Comment

I have this problem - though i'm not entirely convinced it's the Vfb, as the rest of max seems to not respond unless I click onto something else (such as a web page, or another piece of software) and then back again. This could have just been a singular issue where max froze, but all the times it's happened to me have been during (can't pan in Vfb, but can zoom - anyone else got this?) and after rendering.

[edit] Literally after just posting this, I closed the Vfb after saving out an image and max closed instantly with it, with no save dialogue or anything. Very, very strange.
                          Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Macker View Post
                            I have this problem - though i'm not entirely convinced it's the Vfb, as the rest of max seems to not respond unless I click onto something else (such as a web page, or another piece of software) and then back again. This could have just been a singular issue where max froze, but all the times it's happened to me have been during (can't pan in Vfb, but can zoom - anyone else got this?) and after rendering.

[edit] Literally after just posting this, I closed the Vfb after saving out an image and max closed instantly with it, with no save dialogue or anything. Very, very strange.
                            Had that last thing a few times too. No crash, no warning.
                            A.

---------------------
                            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I had it happen once before, but I convinced myself that I must have pressed the wrong button - but this time, definitely not. Glad I'm not the only one.
                              Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X