Vraylightmtl problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraylightmtl problems

So vraylightmtl doesn't play well with motion blur and environment fog. What is the suggested workflow for replacing practical lights that appear in frame?

Should I substitute for a self illumination material and add a vraylight inside it, set to exclude the light object model?

Could you please elaborate a bit more about that issue?
    A screenshot or a scene will be very helpful to understand what's going on.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
      Could you please elaborate a bit more about that issue?
      A screenshot or a scene will be very helpful to understand what's going on.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Plane (00007).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	862554

The light streaks look bizarre to me and I had read in the documentation that vraylightmtl is does not work correctly with motion blur when direct illumination is enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by White Wizard View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]31154[/ATTACH]

The light streaks look bizarre to me and I had read in the documentation that vraylightmtl is does not work correctly with motion blur when direct illumination is enabled.
        Then it is better to use V-Ray Mesh Mtl instead of Light Mtl like it is suggested on the documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
          Then it is better to use V-Ray Mesh Mtl instead of Light Mtl like it is suggested on the documentation.
          Ironically the documentation says mesh lights don't work well with motion blur either. I'll try self illumination with a Vray disc light and see if the results are better.

EDIT: On closer inspection, the artifacts are might be caused by simple vraylights. The lights are attached to a fast moving object and motion blur is applied. For some reason vray seems to be calculating the light on surfaces behind the light when motion blur is on and the object is moving fast. I set the lights to exclude nearby geometry which is a bandaid fix but not ideal. I'm still unsure if this is exactly it or something else.
          Last edited by White Wizard; 07-07-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

It might be a good idea to send us that scene for investigation since there might be a bug with the software.

Comment

Working...
            X