Triplanar bump mapping - weird issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triplanar bump mapping - weird issue

I've been trying to update my personal material library with triplanar nodes, and something i've noticed is that whenever i connect a triplanar node to a bump slot, it completely screws up the amount / type of bump effect.

This object is unwrapped, and i tried to have a similar scale with and without triplanar, and indeed something is wrong. With a bump amount of 10, the regular bitmap without triplanar works as expected. With triplanar, it's like the effect is scaled by 1000%. For a similar effect i have to put the bump amount to something like 0.01 which is completely unusual. But even at that bump amount the bump effect is very weird too...

Others slots works normally, but in the bump slot i have this issue.

Any ideas?

Max 2015 SP3, Win 10, Vray 3.45.02 (26837)

Click image for larger version

Name:	triplanarBump_problem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	884873

Would it be possible to send us one of those scenes for investigation?
    Thanks in advance.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I sent the scene to support@chaosgroup.com

Comment

Would you please give me the ticket number of the issue you've opened since I am not able to locate it into our ticketing system?

Comment

What do you mean ticket number? I directly sent an email via wetransfer with a link to this post and the download link. I can send in another way if you need. It was sent at 18:36 GMT.

Comment

Our system automatically replies when email is received with six digit number which helps finding the request more easily.
            In this case you didn't receive that number since the request has been sent from wetransfer email.

Never mind we have found it and we will proceed with the investigation.

Comment

The issue is considered as a bug and reported into our system.
              Meanwhile you may use the latest official 3.40.02 versions, it looks like the issue doesn't exist in it.

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply, will do while it's not fixed, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
                  Thanks for the fast reply, will do while it's not fixed, cheers!
                  Our developers have resolved the issue and the fix is available within the latest nightly build.
                  Miroslav Ivanov
                  Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Good to know, thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X