Slow to respond after render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow to respond after render

I'm assuming it's the old Unloading Geometry problem which is well publicised by people but trying to get my head around what's causing the problem in my scene.

After the render finishes it takes a good minute or two to be able to use max again. The max file is about 300MB and does have displacement in it which is turned off to test. I've tested by turning literally everything off. No lights, no geometry, no maps etc. but it's the same wait time no matter what I do. It's so frustrating when trying to set up materials/lighting having to wait each time just to render a small region. The set up time for the render to start is seconds.

Any help very much appreciated, I feel like I spend more time waiting for the program to respond than I do actually rendering!

I'm using 3.40.01 and Max 2016. Going to update VRay now to the latest version but not expecting it to make a difference.

hi Stirling,
    are u using the Vray Framebuffer, i red on this forum that the waiting time (that we also have) has to to with vray saving the frame after rendering, try to render without the enable built-in frame buffer.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the advice. Just tried it and timed it. For whatever reason it's dropped to about 15 second after the render completes and the dialog box disappears but it made almost no difference whether I used the VFB or not.

Comment

What is the image resolution, how many render elements are added and does the image saves to the HDD after each render?
        Does it get better if you decrease the image resolution to something very small, disable all render elements and disable image saving?
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Sorry for the delay...deadlines!

Render was set at 1000 by about 700, I've tried to shrink it to 400x400 but still the same issue. I'm not saving anything to the HDD after each render and also turned off all render elements...still no better. Has to be something to do with the scene as it's fine when I set up a new one.

Comment

Then it would be best if you can get us the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can check if there is anything that we can do about it.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Have sent an email with link to download file.

I've gave RT a go just to see if the problem was the same and it's fine. No delay after closing the active shade window.

Comment

Working...
              X