Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhandled Exception

Hi Guys,

Im trying to render a scene, and as of this morning my scene is does my light cache, then as it goes onto the pre passes, it says "merging Passes" and then the Unhandled Exception error happens, I have to click abort render, and then max crashes? Here is a Pic of the screen when crashed...

I have now tried it on 2 PC's in our office, and both give the same result.

Ok so as an update, If i turn off distributed rendering I can get it to render, which is great, but obviously not ideal... Anyone have any idea why the distributed rendering might be causing a problem? Iv checked all the farm machines and the office machines are all on the same versions of V-Ray, and Forrest pack, and all Max updates are the same etc...

Comment

Strangest thing is that if i launch the file in Max 2017, and change the farm over to 2017, the thing renders fine... My only problem is we are using Forest pack lite and there is no compatible version for 2017 yet...

Comment

It will be best if you can provide a scene for investigation. What versions of FP and V-Ray are you using ?
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
          It will be best if you can provide a scene for investigation. What versions of FP and V-Ray are you using ?
          Thank you for the reply, Im running Vray 3.30.05, in Max 2016, and the file is rendering fine on Vray 3.40.01 on Max 2017, And forest pack lite 505, Iv just archived the scene and its just under 1.8 gigs so pretty large to upload? Where would i send it to?

Comment

Can you try it with 3.40.02 on Max 2016 with FP 505 ?
            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

...and double check that ALL slaves are also on 3.40.02 (not 3.40.01)
              Run the install as admin from a letter drive (not a UNC path)
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Working...
              X