Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting started with Distributed Rendering - 2nd PC doesn't do a lot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started with Distributed Rendering - 2nd PC doesn't do a lot.

I'm keen to get our 2nd Dual Xeon in on the act of rendering and have purchased a 2nd Render Node Licence for that purpose.

I can get Backburner to render a scene off that 2nd PC, so I know that part of the initial set up works fine, but whenever I try to render using Distributed Rendering, I do not get much happening on the 2nd PC.

I've read the Documentation, but am at a complete loss what could be causing the issue.

I also cannot find the 'log' (what log ?) - which is said to be in the C: drive (where exactly ?). Maybe that would be a great place to start

"every action taken by V-Ray DR is logged. You can find all the log files in the C:\" (V-Ray Docs).
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

yes, in order to find the culprit here you need the log files (vraylog.txt) which can be found in the temp folder %temp%. Also please make sure that you are using identical V-Ray versions on both machines.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Zdravko,

And thanks for that.

I've taken a look at those and cannot see anything strange or obvious in them. In fact, they're rather empty (some things in them, but nothing much).

I'll try Distributed Rendering again when I next get a chance to play.

I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks.
      Jez

------------------------------------
      3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
      Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
      ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

If the vraylog file doesn't contain any render job information, please do the following: if you are running V-Ray DR Spawner as Windows service, please stop it and start it manually. Make sure that the option "Restart servers on render end" is not checked. This is important in order to keep the log file from the next job. Then start rendering and when the job is done, send us vraylog.txt file from the slave and the main machine.
        Last edited by Zdravko.Keremidchiev; 22-07-2016, 06:17 AM.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X