32 bit grayscale images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 bit grayscale images

Can VrayHDRI read 32-bit grayscale images?
    For example this elevation data of Europe: http://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-ma...-original-data
    I have to change image to RGB in photoshop to get somethig useful in 3ds max.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Are you able to open those TIFFs?
    I have tried a few of them like eudem_dem_5deg_n25w015.tif and eudem_dem_5deg_n25w020.tif but any image editor including 3dsmax Bitmap node give me errors or opens empty image.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I can open them in latest Photoshop, convert to RGB and move intensity information to alpha channel. Then it works with VRayHDRI... But this is time and disk space consuming
      Also img to tiled exr tool wont work with this files.

Comment

Looks like the files are only recognized by a few image editors and this might be the reason why they cannnot be converted with Img to Tiled Exr tool or open and rendered withing 3dsMax.
        Does V-Ray/3dsMax loads and renders them properly if you save the images to regular EXRs with Photoshop?
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

After converting to RGB I can save to exr from photoshop.
          It seems that converting to RGB is neccessary...

Comment

Isn't tiff kind of a wide standard? As in there's lots of options within it unlike jpeg, png or tga, and 3dsmax might not have updated it's tiff reader to the latest specs and licenses?

Comment

Working...
            X