Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShadeMap and other problems

Hi,

I am using VrayStereoscopic for speeding DOF and I have some issues.
    The render elements aren't properly exported...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ShadeMapProblems.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	885164

Also is there anyway to denoise custom RE like the selectObject for instance?

Does using shadeMap still speedup the rendering? I am not super sure.

Is there any intention to have a renderElement to output occluded Background so that we don't need to render multiple/complex to setup passes?

another problem... weird matte objectsClick image for larger version

Name:	WeirdMatteObjects01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	469.5 KB
ID:	863039

Comment

The render elements aren't properly exported...
      It seems that there is an issue with the Object ID render element, I'll make a note about that. Have you got any issues with some of the other RE?

Also is there anyway to denoise custom RE like the selectObject for instance?
      We are working on that.

Is there any intention to have a renderElement to output occluded Background so that we don't need to render multiple/complex to setup passes?
      Doesn't VRayBackground RE works for you? Could you clarify what exactly are you after.

weird matte objects
      I can't manage to reproduce that. Could you send/attach an example scene? Which V-Ray version are you using?
      Last edited by Zdravko.Keremidchiev; 12-08-2016, 04:18 AM.
      Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I think I am using the last nightly I could find but not super sure if it is at home or at work...
        How can I know? even with maxscript I only get 3_40_02...

I think the bug is coming from the 2sided material with an override on the shadows to have transparent shadows with opaque material, it's outputting a very wrong transparency in matteObject.
        It is no longer like that in my scene since it was totally not realistic but still, it produces a unexpected result.
        I can recreate it easily.

I would be glad to send you the file, I forgot where to send...

About rendering occluded things in a RE I am talking about rendering Objects behind other Objects as a Layer in exr.
        It would completely remove the pain of setting/saving/sending to render multiple passes.
        I asked about it a while ago and Vlado replied it wasn't planned but I feel it is more than a must for rendering animations, with characters, background and foreground to make compositing easier especially with DOF/motionBlur where the classic multi matte in RGB is taking a lot too many pixels...

Comment

I have a lot of problems, impossible to set up passes, matte object always wrong even with very simple materials...
          I feel like a magnet to problems.
          On Monday I will try with the stable version but I have a feeling it won't work better...

Comment

yay, I found the version...

How do you bring back the Log window in a monitor, for obscure reason it seems to be out...
            Last edited by gregvfx; 12-08-2016, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gregvfx View Post
              How do you bring back the Log window in a monitor, for obscure reason it seems to be out...
              Execute the following commands in MaxScript:
              1.vrayCloseMsgLogWindow()
              2.vrayShowMsgLogWindow()

Then how the windows button on the keyboard and press Left/Right/Up or Down arrow a few times, it should pop up on one of the monitors at some point.

Regarding the other issues you are facing. Are they still relevant?
              Would it be possible to send us some scenes for investigation?
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi,

I found this that solved my windows disappearance problems:
                http://www.taenarum.com/software/Borderline.html

The RE problems disappeared when I replaced the nightly with the stable install...
                Thanks for asking.

Comment

actually no, I solved it by not using shademap...
                  If I use Shademaps to speedup DOF and MotionBlur I have the same broken RE...

Comment

Working...
                  X