Checkerboard hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkerboard hell

So, I have been living in the checkerboard hell with MAX 2017. I could only work in Clay mode. If I tried to display in anything else, MAX would crash. I reinstalled MAX 2017 and installed plugins as I needed them. The reinstall worked and over the past couple weeks or so, I installed almost all my plugins, except Viz Park's Wall & Tiles. I needed to make some brick today, so I installed it, and BAM! crashed instantly. I removed Walls & Tiles and no more crashing.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Good to know.

Maybe we should have a list going of plug-ins that are known to cause problems. I found that K-studio Project Manager was giving me instant crashes without any reason whats so ever and plain random.. Just the dreaded APPCRASH in the event viewer. I finally figured out it was caused by Project Manager when it when it checks for updates.
    Last edited by eyepiz; 13-09-2016, 07:06 PM.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas A. Edison

Comment

To be fair to the VizPark guys, I am using a beta. I get a reward for finding a bug, right? The more I think about it, it isn't beta.
      Last edited by glorybound; 14-09-2016, 06:08 PM.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, max 2016 and had a missing wrapper.dll error most times when starting up Max so it was pretty much un-useable.

Interestingly enough I think Vizpark Walls & Tiles seems to have been causing that problem too.

We had the error on two different machines, which were set up exactly the same.

I now installed everything from scratch on one of them and installed all plugins EXCEPT Walls & Tiles, and voilá, Max is running just fine.

Not sure about how to go on, since generally Walls & Tiles is really usefull for bricks and stony pathways but it has always had some severe stability issues even before...
        Stefanie

https://renderkitchen.com/

Comment

Yep! Walls & Tiles does not work on WIN10. Like you said, Walls&Tiles was always temperamental, but it's a total right-off under WIN10.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
          X