Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom glare render elements without using VFB

Hi There,

We dont usually use VRay lens effects so excuse me if im setting this up wrong.

We use render presets to send images at various render quality levels.

Using the VFB, the lens FX settings stay in the preset meaning we cant have different setups for different scenes unless we break from our pipeline.

Is there any way to have the glare and bloom render elements render out without using the VFB as a saved setup via the Environment / Effects panel?

Originally posted by Richb View Post
    Is there any way to have the glare and bloom render elements render out without using the VFB as a saved setup via the Environment / Effects panel?
    That's why LENS effects feature is available in the Environment and Effects Tab in the first place.
    The render elements however are not properly exported according to my test so I'll add this into our system and will keep you posted in case of any updates.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Nice one thanks for looking into it.

Weve been using the VFB Lens FX panel as the Environment / Effects one didnt seem to work. Even using the VFB, we cant seem to get the glare and bloom elements to save out over a network render [Submitted through deadline].

Comment

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
        That's why LENS effects feature is available in the Environment and Effects Tab in the first place.
        The render elements however are not properly exported according to my test so I'll add this into our system and will keep you posted in case of any updates.

Hi Svetlozar, any updates on this yet?

Comment

We are sorry to report but this issue is not fixed yet and probably it won't be fixed for future versions of the software.
          Our recommendation is to switch to V-Ray Frame Buffer which allows to export render elements without any issues.
          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

As a follow-up, I am using the VFB and for the love of me, cannot get these elements to save after Submitting To Deadline. A found a Thinkbox forum post that suggests disabling 'local rendering' but this information was for a version of Deadline prior to 10.0 . Are there any known ways of creating the glare and bloom elements via network render using Render Pass Manager and Deadline 10. 0 + ?

Comment

It should work fine if you use the V-Ray VFB output and not the 3ds Max one (i.e either raw .vrimg/.exr or the split render channels option).

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
              X