X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty urgent ! Help for progressive

Hello,

I have a problem.
    I have to do a movie with the help of a render farm service.

I did all my job with a render time limited to xx min and that was ok. But now that I have to send my file, I forgot the fact that I can not keep my render time limit. PC's in render farm have differents configurations so differents performances...
    Now, I need to change my noise threashold or my max.subbdiv to match the quality I have with my previous set up (render time limit to xx min)

I took the most noisy frame, I rendered with my render time limit and notes that there were 175 pass. Now it's what I want to match but with 0 min render time!
    I hope to be clear enough ...

What is the best way ? increase or decrease my noise threashold ? max.subdiv. ? or there is other thing to do ?
    How can I deal with it ?? Any advices ?

Thanks in advance
    (Sorry for my bad english)

Max. subdivs value of 13 or 14 should give you similar results in the noisiest parts. Some parts of the image will be cleaner though and the rendering will take more time.
    If you want to match the results even more closely, you can try looking at the render log for the noise threshold reached during the render with the time limit. You can then set the noise threshold to the lowest reached value. The results and the render time still won't be exactly the same, but they should be very close.
    Radoslav Platikanov | V-Ray R&D

Comment

Thanks ! finally, I found the best compromise just by tweaking with the noise threshold from the most noisy frame and that was the good way to do it IMHO.
      (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Working...
      X