Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vdenoise tool problem

Hello,

there is problem when running vdenoise tool when command line window is maximized during denoising process, all resulting in computer freeze(tested on few machines and different images) Win 7 systems, tested on different 10xx nvidia gpu's.

command was(example): -inputfile="c:\rendered\anim_????.exr" -threshold=0.005 -frameblend=3 -usegpu=2

Soon image sequence starts denoising and window with image processing pop up it freezes whole computer, if does not freeze(very rare) it will freeze if you try to stop it, render nodes with server motherboards(asus zd16ws something something) restart.

It does write first frame of animation on the disk though before freeze/restart.

If console is not maximized there is no problem.

It is more of annoying problem one to make you do it twice at least you learn those commands faster, joking aside i almost always maximize that window to read out commands and whatnot and forget to minimize, could this be windows/nvidia/cuda problem or is it something else?

take care

Thanks for the pointer; will try to reproduce it here.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello!

I am not able to reproduce this issue on win7 with latest nvidia drivers. Can you be more specific with the GPUs you use (and driver version) and the images you denoise (resolution, bitdepth, channels... it will be best if you can provide an example here or send it to margarita.stoeva@chaosgroup.com). Thank you!

Best regards,
      Margarita
      Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
      Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Hello,

i am using nightly from 4th oct(stable) images are 32bit exr fullHD uncompressed, nvidia drivers 372.90, i see that there is newer drivers, haven't try updating, but i will.

WS Rigs are 1060 for viewport and additional 2x1080 for rendering, render nodes have 4 or 5 x 1080.

Images do not have any channels except alpha and black(background) and of course main(linear).

As i said earlier it happens in animation.

I will upload 10 images asap and provide you with link on that email.

Thanks!

Comment

Files sent to your mail address.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for the files and for sharing all the details. Somehow it's still not reproducible on my machine.
            Our GPU team has some suggestions for you. They say the cause is most probably faulty drivers. Could you check if the issue persists when you render really small images, like 32x32px?
            Another thing that will be helpful to you is to append -strips=300 in the command and try with the original images.
            Write back with the results (and update the drivers). Thank you!
            Last edited by Margarita.Stoeva; 11-10-2016, 08:00 AM.

Comment

It is more of a nuisance than real problem, issue is non existent when command line is normal size and that is enough for now.

Drivers will be updated and i will check with bigger and smaller files. From whatever reason it is reproducible here, usually it is done over remote desktop on render nodes, there wasn't any crippling viewport lag issues with default -strips settings.

That is why everything is checked on other WS and there was same issues, maybe it's something else conflicting, who knows.

Eliminating one search path isn't that bad, i will try everything you mentioned soon machines finish with tasks also i will try to found cause, and write any updates here.

btw. is there any way controlling execution vdenoise on render node from WS, without need to use remote desktop?

Thanks!

Comment

It could probably be executed with PsTools https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ls/pxexec.aspx , I'm not sure.

Comment

Usually whatever happens, the driver should not restart and/or freeze. We know of some cases when this was happening and try to find workarounds for those.
                  Also, we have bug reports to the driver vendors. Hopefully this will help as well.
                  In the meantime, sorry for the trouble. If it really stops appearing if you have something like -strips=300, it would help debugging. Keep in mind that this slows down the denoising process.

Best,
                  Blago.
                  V-Ray fan.
                  Looking busy around GPUs ...
                  RTX ON

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan1982 View Post
                    btw. is there any way controlling execution vdenoise on render node from WS, without need to use remote desktop?

Thanks!
                    http://dabarti.com/vfx/using-v-ray-d...nd-to-scripts/
                    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                    Chaos

Comment

Hi guys,

update:

After completely uninstalling drivers with some utility from guru3d and installing newest drivers, issue is gone.

However that is not only thing changed, all kind of different network adjustments has been made, new remote desktop connections, i know this wasn't problem but you never know.

Apart from that, everything is same, denoising is blazingly fast on multi gpu and seems that this issue was thankfully only related to drivers being overwritten so many times.

I will definitely try backburner solution.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X