DR not "kicking in" when using selected server via backburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR not "kicking in" when using selected server via backburner

I have DR turned on. I'm using a single selected server via backburner but DR does not start on that server. It used to work find (a while ago, before a number of updates etc).

I cannot see the vray message window on the server either. That would be useful.

Any ideas how to get this working ?

Thanks
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Is your DR CMD running? Can it access license?
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Not sure what you mean by DR CMD. I can run DR from my main workstation without issues. All other render nodes join fine. It's only when I send the render to a network machine to host the main image and use the other network machines for DR that it doesn't work.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hello,

Do you have the "Save servers in scene" option ON in the DR settings?

Best regards,
        Yavor
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

I don't have that option on. I do have Restart servers on render end & use local host on. All other options are off.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I think that might be the problem. When you render locally Vrays uses local DR storage info to set up DR. But when you render on network then there is no local Vray user settings for DR so he don't start any DR nodes. Tick on the "Save servers in scene" option it should then store DR list in scene so when you Network DR render it will use that.

Before with DR CMD I was asking if you have DR server running and if he has license and all. > Launch V-Ray DR spawner I think not sure... I start everything differently to what Vray do lol.

Comment

Okay thanks. I'll give that a go.

Yeah, on some systems I have to start the DR spawner as a service. Others don't like that so I have to start those manually (via startup).
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
                Okay thanks. I'll give that a go.

Yeah, on some systems I have to start the DR spawner as a service. Others don't like that so I have to start those manually (via startup).
                I start all my Vray system via startup or I have bat in startup that starts it all. Otherwise I run in to problems with accessing textures on network drivers and stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                X