Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Issues with Textures

Hi guys

Ive had this problem for a while now and I just had enough of it so I thought i would seek help.

When rendering using DR, there are some buckets that appear as though they arent rendering all the maps required for the render. See attached reflection pass to see what i mean. Its obvious here but wont obvious on the beauty pass as its a plain white door. Sometimes on diffuse textures, it doesnt render them at all on the slave machine.
    I only have 1 slave machine so as you can see, the DR bucket on the slave machine seems to miss something - I have the correct settings. Can someone please assist?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DR issue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	885652
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DR issue A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	885653

Hi,

What are the 3DS Max and V-Ray versions ?

First we have to determine whether this issue is scene specific.
    Please perform a quick DR render test using one primitive object and V-Ray material with mapped diffuse and reflection slots for an example and add a light source.

Do you use any additional plugins for this scene?
    Make sure that your slave has exactly the same software configuration as the main workstation - 3DS Max Service Pack, V-Ray version.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi short circuit,
      do you have any Vray IES Lights in your scene?
      In my findings this has often to do with missing or not properly linked IES files.
      i almost everytime have to manually relink them.
      but sometimes it also occurs in my scenes when a dome hdr map is missing.

best,
      jochen

Comment

Are you making exposure adjustments in the Vray frame buffer? If so... what happens if you untick the adjustments and distribute render?

Comment

Hi,

I had the same problem sometimes(!), checking all gamma settings, versions, region settings, pathes on the slaves doesn't help. So I found a workaround (with hdri). I have two identical hdri-domes, when this bucket-problem appears, I switch to the other light-dome. This helps....I think it is a bug, but just don't know.

best, tom

Comment

Originally posted by GRUENDER_AV View Post
            Hi,

I had the same problem sometimes(!), checking all gamma settings, versions, region settings, pathes on the slaves doesn't help. So I found a workaround (with hdri). I have two identical hdri-domes, when this bucket-problem appears, I switch to the other light-dome. This helps....I think it is a bug, but just don't know.

best, tom
            Do you use the native Max Bitmap loader for your textures or our V-Ray HDRI map ? There was a similar issue with loading wrong gamma on the DR slaves.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yepp, VrayHDRI....so recommended (changed with the vray scene converter)

Comment

Working...
              X