Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Displacement will not render in 3.4, fine in 3.2, Xeon E5-2699 v3 machine specific

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement will not render in 3.4, fine in 3.2, Xeon E5-2699 v3 machine specific

Hi all

So I have a strange issue on a new machine.

Quite simply, displacement will not render. Render times go from a few seconds to 30minutes plus on my machine. On other machines, same spec, it renders as expected.

I tried as a test going back to Vray 3.2 and it renders as expected. My machine is Xeon E5-2699 v3 dual processor, 128 gigs of ram. The only difference between my machine and one that renders fine is the gfx card. I have a 970GTX and the other has a K6000 Quadro. I know I had to install a different chipset driver so I'm wondering if this and Embree has some kind of issue and it can't render displacement. Everything else renders fine.

As a side note, I also can not render in unity on this machine, it crashes out instantly but leaves a note in the log about Embree which is why I feel it is an Embree issue.

Any help on this would be massively appreciated. I've spent a ton on this machine and its not working as hoped currently.

Cheers for reading.

Will.

Can you create one very simple scene with displacement and render it on both machines with same specs, then send us the V-Ray Log files and render outputs from both machines?
    Send us the scene as well so we could see what are the displacement settings and other important parameters.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
    X