Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique VRay Gamma Bug

I originally started the thread in OFF-Topic
    Maybe one of the admins can copy the content from Off-Topic in here and remove the Off-Topic version of the thread?
    http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...et-to-default-!

It may be a VRay bug. I remember having the same results with an earlier version of VRay. I conducted further investigation now with 3.40.03 and Max 2016
    You may have to read through this more than once to understand what I'm on about.

So, when I get to a stage when the Material displays correctly in the material editor, but Double Gammad in the viewport, I instance the diffuse texture from the material that is not displayng correctly in the viewport, and instance the diffuse to a new STANDARD material and also a NEW VRaymtl. I tried with both new materials without re-running the script, and then like magic, the viewport displays correctly. If I then apply the original material again (still without running the script), the viewport again displays double gammad. (Even though the new and old material is identical)

Very, very weird!
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

So I wonder if instead of just assinging the values, which they may already have, I should do a bunch of "if then" or "case of" checks and see what the current values are, and if they're not what it's suppose to be, only then set it to the correct value.

Makes no sense as it's just extra code because
    a = 1
    a = 1
    a = 1
    basically says a is 1 (a will always be 1 even if you assing it 1 again)

Just trying to think out the box here because it's a VERY WEIRD issue
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

It now gets even WEIRDER.

If I take the material that displays correctly in mateditor, but double gamma in viewport, make a copy of the entire material by just dragging the ball to another slot and assign it, it's fixed. If I then apply the original material again, broken
      Hahaha twilight zone
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Have you reported this to Autodesk?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Morne, if you post an example file I will log this issue into the bug tracker here @ Autodesk if I can repro it.

Best,
          AJ

Comment

Thanks AJ, The issue occurs with all scenes and is not scene dependant. I'm going to be modifying my code with a bunch of if statements and see how that goes. If it still doesn't work, I'll send you a PM and we can take it from there.
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Tests with if statements is looking promising
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Working...
              X