DR nodes and Custom User Paths - External Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR nodes and Custom User Paths - External Files

DR nodes are not picking up Custom User Paths.

I've renamed and moved a map folder that is used in a lot of legacy files that I have to keep reusing. So rather than have to remap all the texture paths manually or use a script whenever I reuse an old file, I thought I could use Custom User Paths - External Files and redirect Max to the new map location. The local workstation - assets tracking - finds the missing maps and renders okay as expected, as this is the function -correct?

BUT the DR nodes can't find the maps!

The DR nodes report missing maps: aborting render.

The nodes have correct permissions on the NAS where the maps are located and can render a maps that have with correct UNC paths, so I guess the workstation in not sending the 'corrected' user path to the slaves.

How can I do this?
    I've tried in the past (with Forest Pro - as they suggest using custom user paths too) trying to edit the ini files on the slaves with a custom user path, but the DR nodes seem to reset the ini file and delete any custom paths added!!!

Should 'Custom User Paths' work for DR nodes?
    Last edited by ior=0; 15-11-2016, 11:37 AM.
    Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
    I need a new signature
    --
    Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
    ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

I forgot to mention that when I use RT with the nodes the server windows says it loads the texture files from the corrected 'custom user path': (\\server\jobs\new_maps_folder)
    ie: texture loaded from (\\server\jobs\new_maps_folder\) and not the original path that is in the max file (\\server\client\maps)

When 'check missing maps' is ticked the DR nodes abort due to missing maps.
    When unticked the DR nodes render but any missing maps don't render.

I don't understand why RT nodes pick up the modified path but DR nodes don't?
    Last edited by ior=0; 15-11-2016, 11:37 AM.
    Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
    I need a new signature
    --

Comment

*bump*
      Am I wrong in thinking custom user paths should work on DR nodes?
      Thanks
      Simon

I need a new signature
      --

Comment

Did you add the Custom Path to every machine that participate the rendering or you added it only on the workstation?

Not sure why the RT nodes works fine compare to the Spawners.
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Only on the workstation. It's not possible to do it for the DR nodes due to rewriting of the ini file.
          DR render nodes don't find the textures, but the RT cmd windows does say it finds the textures with the customer user path.
          I've used Colin relink script in the end.
          Simon

I need a new signature
          --

Comment

custom user paths need to be copied to each dr node and max needs to recognize them.

However a proper way to do this would just be to always make sure the maps are in the same network location where all machines can access them.
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
            X