Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraydisplacementmod channel ID

Hello,
    I am trying to make a pattern groove inside a panel using vraydisplacementmod.
    I used a vrayMultisubtext to split the front face (channel ID2) from the rear (channel ID1).
    However, when I render, the result is not correct, as seen on the image attached.

What should I do to correct it?
    Thanks for your advice.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	VrayDisplacementmod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	885909

I make some more test.
    First image show the difference beetween vraydispalcement ON or OFF. The rear and chamfer (grey color) are on channel ID 1 with no displacement map. The face (blue color) are on channel 2 with a displacement map. We can clearly see that the chamfer is bigger with vraymodedisplacement ON.

Second image: I plug a Normalmap into the vraydisplacementmode. it a lot more smoother (not really what I'm lookinf for as I am looking for a sharp groove!), but the B&W map return a very bad result.

So what's the best way to get this done. I tried the vraynormal as material but it never whow up even with 50cm as bump value.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

It would be better to attach the scene so we could better understand the setup you are using.
      It is clear that the displacement is applied to the entire object and this is normal for some setups, as far as I know this happens because the VRayDisplacementMod doesn't have an option to apply displacement by face IDs.

It is possible however to do that via MultiSubObject material with separated materials for each face ID and plug displacement maps to the Displace slot of the material, then from the VRayDisplacementMod activate Use Object Mtl checkbox and V-Ray will use the maps from the Displace slot of the corresponding material:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2016-11-29_18-36-42.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	864421
      scene:diplacement_ids.zip
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
      X