No announcement yet.

VRay lights - slowness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We manage to locate the issue, its in our bug tracking system now.
    As soon as we fix it we will let you know.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ahhhhh good news then. I hope this won't be too tricky / long to fix, it's an hard one for us ... I'm pretty surprised to be the first to report it !
      Thanks again for your precious help.

Regards.
      Nicolas Caplat
      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Hello,

Not to harass you guys, I guess you've got many other things to fix, but is there any news on this front, please ? do you think it can be fixed for upcoming v3.5, or are there many other higher priority bugs to fix before ?

Thanks again,

Regards.
        Nicolas Caplat
        www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I hope we will get round to it before the official release.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

Ok, thanks for your answer !

Cheers.
            Nicolas Caplat
            www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Originally posted by NicoC View Post
              Hi Vlado,

Ok, thanks for your answer !

Cheers.
              Don't know if it can help, but I've noticed max is condiserably faster in handling (copy/ instance/ delete) lights if :

- You stay in Create Tab instead of Modify Tab
              - You close the scene explorer / layer explorer before doing anything

Otherwise max seems to be caught in some kind of "refresh" loops which is quite annoying
              Philippe Steels
              Pixelab - Blog - Flickr

Comment

Thanks Pixelab for the suggestions. These are actually things I tested, but it didn't seem to really help
                Nicolas Caplat
                www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Another thing to check is that you don't have a bunch of local explorers just hanging out. You probably don't, but it's interesting how often scenes I check are slow because of 5 scene explorers. Just delete all of them in the list and open a new one if you need to. Tools->Manage Local Explorers.

Regarding scene explorer, the old school select by name dialog doesn't look as pretty but it's much faster to use. I personally don't bother with the scene explorer at all, it's slower and harder to use than SelectByNameUsesSceneExplorer=0. I also like to use the older and uglier Material browser because it's faster and easier.

AJ

Comment

Hi Deflaminis,

Thanks for your suggestions. No Scene Explorer here, we use Nested Layer Manager, but I keep it closed as much as possible when working on heavy scenes - all these scene managing tools often lower performance for sure.
                    Nicolas Caplat
                    www.intangibles.fr

Comment

I've been having the same issues with duplicating and deleting lights. In big scenes it's taking forever. Clone and align is especially problematic!

Comment

maxedesa - I'm glad to read I'm not alone !! this bug / unexpected behavior is really PITA, we face it on nearly every project ... let's hope Chaos guys will fix it very soon, that will change our lives :P

Regards.
                        Nicolas Caplat
                        www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
                        X