curtain ans some 2 sides material... help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
    To be honest i think VRay is created that way, that it has to be tweaked. I achieved the same amount of noise (1% difference i think) in my last comparison by tweaking some settings which are obvious, if you spend a bit of time to understand how VRay works.
    About your idea - it may be so and i think there is always room for improvement. In thread you linked one of Chaosgroup team asked you for scene, did you send it ?
    Yep, I did send the scene.

And yes, if you spend a while tweaking, you can get closer results. Unfortunately most people these days do not want to bother with tweaking. And Chaosgroup seems to realize that, so they emphasize using default universal settings.

It's even more important for new users. A fresh high school or college architecture student who was told in school he should use 3ds Max will sit down home, and perhaps try most popular renderers. He will render simple thing in Corona and V-Ray side by side, not knowing much about rendering, just having read a few tutorials. He will probably get slightly better result out of Corona, and decide to stick with it. (In practice, the difference will probably be a bit bigger because in case of V-Ray, he won't know about the concept of DomeLight immediately, so the result will be even more noisy)

That's just how most people learn new things, including me. If I discover a new software, I usually just tinker around without touching the manual first. And I usually stick with whatever gives me the best results with the least effort.

Comment

Originally posted by oren View Post
      for tons of tests in all kind of topic
      its show the corona is much more cleaner in same time of render

im not talking about iraddiance map ... i always mean brute force and light cache vs path tracing and uhd cache
      By checking your scene in VRay looks like you do not understand how VRay works. My advice is to read manual, check tutorials and after that return for testing.

Originally posted by Recon442 View Post
      Yep, I did send the scene.

And yes, if you spend a while tweaking, you can get closer results. Unfortunately most people these days do not want to bother with tweaking. And Chaosgroup seems to realize that, so they emphasize using default universal settings.

It's even more important for new users. A fresh high school or college architecture student who was told in school he should use 3ds Max will sit down home, and perhaps try most popular renderers. He will render simple thing in Corona and V-Ray side by side, not knowing much about rendering, just having read a few tutorials. He will probably get slightly better result out of Corona, and decide to stick with it. (In practice, the difference will probably be a bit bigger because in case of V-Ray, he won't know about the concept of DomeLight immediately, so the result will be even more noisy)

That's just how most people learn new things, including me. If I discover a new software, I usually just tinker around without touching the manual first. And I usually stick with whatever gives me the best results with the least effort.
      You are totally right. ChaosGroup moves towards that direction, though i am not sure that is niche that they want to dominate in. They want to be attractive in that field, but definitely not dominate, as they will need to make another product - VRay for architects
      Available for remote work.
      My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

if we look into small company of corona... the guys there release every week at least 2 videos to their channel!

chaos group came with new options.. new adaptive engine... lots of options.. come on guys (chaos group)! release video tutorials to your users!! show them how to deal with things.. i talked to many corona user that even dont know that vray is now auto subdive!!

chaos group didnt release videos to show the user the way how to use the power of vray! its not good and its make many user to see the channel of corona and heyy they talk about any options there ...

for example .. now i want video of chaos group that can show me how to handle animation with brute force and light cache... nothing... nada... thats not good guys...

and i already told them that
        Last edited by oren; 30-11-2016, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
          You are totally right. ChaosGroup moves towards that direction, though i am not sure that is niche that they want to dominate in. They want to be attractive in that field, but definitely not dominate, as they will need to make another product - VRay for architects
          I do not agree, but I understand your point of view.

IMHO renderer simplicity does not go against its use in VFX, or other advanced markets. I think that a renderer can have full feature set, and at the same time be easy to use. It's all about handling technical parameters automatically by smart solutions under the hood, and dividing artistic parameters into smart, visually appealing and self explanatory groups via good user interface

There does not need to be V-Ray for architects... All it takes is just one, fairly simple and convenient to use V-Ray, which has all the features necessary for production implemented in a clean and organized fashion.

Comment

for example .. now i want video of chaos group that can show me how to handle animation with brute force and light cache... nothing... nada... thats not good guys...
            Eh? Animation with brute force and light cache is handled in a way that you do not touch anything and just hit render. That's it. And if it's a bit more complex scene (lighting-wise), you just increase subdivs value to something like 2000 or 3000. There... one sentence needed, not entire tutorial. It's written in a tooltip btw

Comment

Originally posted by Recon442 View Post
              Eh? Animation with brute force and light cache is handled in a way that you do not touch anything and just hit render. That's it. And if it's a bit more complex scene (lighting-wise), you just increase subdivs value to something like 2000 or 3000. There... one sentence needed, not entire tutorial. It's written in a tooltip btw
              i use to think like that too but now i got full of flickering from light cache... i guess i need to bake the light cache

Comment

i use to think like that too but now i got full of flickering from light cache... i guess i need to bake the light cache
                Yes, try to bake it with "use camera path" or render frame by frame with higher values for subdivs and retrace (like 6-7-.
                If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                Chaos

Comment

Working...
                X