Bug 3.50 beta with licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug 3.50 beta with licence

Hi, i just opened my 3ds max this morning after closing my pc and i cant have access to material editor, when i press M the editor tries to load and insta crashes max, when i press render max insta crashes and vray gives me message window error. I had to go back to 3.40.03 and my material editor is completely black with no crash. I try render, finds no licence, i run server it gets back to normal.
    I reinstall 3.50 and is fine now with this online licence activated. Is there something i should disable while i run the beta?
    I suspect there is a conflict with new beta and licence system?
    ty
    www.yellimages.com

Please have in mind that only one V-Ray license server should be installed on your machine at a time.
    V-Ray Online license server program supports the dongle and can be used either for V-Ray 3.4.03 installation (dongle based) and for V-Ray 3.5 Beta installation with Online licensing.
    In order to troubleshoot your issue further please make sure that you installed V-Ray and V-Ray Online license server.
    You can download V-Ray Online license server version 4.1.0 ADV from the below link:
    https://download.chaosgroup.com/?os=...ase&product=48

After the installation of V-Ray Online license server, you can open in your web browser the status page of your V-Ray license "localhost:30304" ,
    and Enable the Dongle and Online licensing, please confirm if you are able to see all of your V-Ray for 3ds Max licenses there.
    Also please confirm what is your 3ds Max version(any SP or extensions installed), what is your OS, and
    please quote the name of V-Ray installation file which was installed and after that the program crashed?
    Is it possible to show us what is the error message that appears?
    Please confirm if the issue still appears and make sure that only one version of V-Ray and V-Ray license server is installed and running on your machine.

You can always write us an e-mail to our support team here: support@chasogroup.com
    Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks a lot Stefan. Well it fixed as i installed 3.40 and again 3.50. I see both dongle and online licence on the webpage with my licence assigned.
      Max 2016, latest sp, win 10 home. The 3.50 beta was the installer that caused the crash, the one link i had through email for beta. I cant reproduce it, but it crashed almost instant with material editor and editor was black, and if i didnt open editor and pressed f9 it gave me the vray message window a type of error, which unfortunately, i didnt screenshot.
      If this appears again i ll get back to u. thanks
      www.yellimages.com

Comment

Stefan,

the link to the beta 4.1 license server doesn't seem to be working? it only takes me through to the official 3.05 version. Would like to try out the online license server if possible?

Thanks
        Anthony

Comment

hi,
          i already asked support about the license server, you have to register for the online licensing beta first apparently.
          thanks
          anthonyh

Comment

thanks anthonyh, I received an invite the other day.

Comment

Working...
            X