Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray DR not kicking in

Hi there,

I've been working with Vray for a while now, however I'm just trying to get the vray DR working to speedup my render workflow.
    As you can see I'm working on the .1.135, and the .1.101 is my render slave.
    In the log it seems the render slave has been found, but it never starts.

Is there a solution or something I can try?
    Thank you
    Pieter
    Attached Files
    Pieter
    claar.be

Timely, been running into the same problem recently. We have around 30 computers with identical setups and DR seems very inconsistent. Will work on some scenes not others, might work after computer restart, service restart might make it work. Without an error consistency it's been a a nightmare to try and resolve. But in your case have you tried all the usual suspects. Firewall, antivirus software, ensure all max/vray version are identical, run everything as admin, for external assets mapped drives don't work use UNC paths instead, do all computers have access to those UNC paths.
    James Hall
    Technical Director
    New Zealand
    www.jhall.nz

Comment

Short_Fuse mentioned a very good things to check out but let's start with the most obvious ones.
      What are the versions/service packs of V-Ray and 3dsMax installed on both machines?
      Does it work as expected if you try to render and empty scene? You may increase the Image Sampler settings in order to slowdown the rendering for the second machine to join.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi, and thanks for both replies.

I've gone over alle the tips and suggestions, restarted everything on both ends, and everything is running as admin.
        All our resources are shared and synced to each WS locally to speedup the renders.
        So the file links are the same on each ws/node.
        As Svetlozar mentioned, I've tested this with an empty scene, and then something starts to happen... as it's not much.
        If I render an empty scene, a VFB appears on the render node, I can add a sphere and a cube for ex. but if I add a light, or cam nothing happens anymore.
        In a second test, it worked to add a cam/light.
        While testing, I noticed also if I render with progressive, the VFB shows up on the node, with bucket it doesn't....?

What can I do or test?
        Thanks!
        Pieter
        claar.be

Comment

Working...
        X