NormalMap / Composite / Blend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NormalMap / Composite / Blend

why this materials are not compatible with vray ?
    for NormapMap there is converter, but not for Composite and Blend - can someone advise something ?
    thank you !

We will be adding conversion of Blend materials to VRayBlendMtl materials, but the Composite material has options that we don't have in our V-Ray specific matrials.

The reason why these materials/maps are listed as incompatible is that they may slow down your render (sometimes by a lot) or introduce other issues (f.e. the NormapMap causes issues with VRayProxy objects and we can't fix this on our end).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 30-11-2016, 01:39 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Oh, didn't know the Composite map was slamming the breaks... any plans for a (multi-layer) VrayCompositeMap, including transfer modes?

Edit: Oh, this was about the Composite material, not the map, right? Although I've noticed the map not working properly in VRayRT.
      Last edited by Laserschwert; 30-11-2016, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laserschwert View Post
        Oh, didn't know the Composite map was slamming the breaks... any plans for a (multi-layer) VrayCompositeMap, including transfer modes?
        I meant the Composite material. The map is fine.

Edit: Oh, this was about the Composite material, not the map, right? Although I've noticed the map not working properly in VRayRT.
        Can you get us examples where it doesn't work properly to support@chaosgroup.com so that we can fix them?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We're in mid-production right now, so I'll try to put something together afterwards.

Comment

Working...
          X