Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray license gone after installing 3.5

This is weird.

I installed 3.5 the other day and everything was working fine using the license server 3.5.3.0

Today, both Max 2016 and Max 2017 crashed whenever I opened the material editor. After switching renderer and seeing that the material editor was working fine, I opened the renderer setup and saw that V-Ray couldn't find a license (-200). I unplugged and replugged my dongle. Nothing.

Ending and restarting vrlservice.exe doesn't fix it.

I have no access to the online license server. Only one I can download is 3.5.3.0

In the browser, http://localhost:30304/ says it can't connect, whether the license server is running or not.

In my Chaosgroup program folder, I also have an application called vrol.exe (4.4.5). Is this the online license server? In any case, executing this one doesn't make any difference either.

And yet, everything was working fine before.

Anyone has any idea?
    Check my blog

It would be best to email our support guys at support@chaosgroup.com - they will help you out.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado. It's weird. After closing all instances of V-Ray-related apps in the task manager and restarting the old license server, everything works again.
      But that's weird, right? Since I read that 3.5 uses online licensing? Oh well.
      Check my blog

Comment

You can use the online licensing if you want to try it out. Obviously we still support the dongles and they will continue to work fine.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          You can use the online licensing if you want to try it out. Obviously we still support the dongles and they will continue to work fine.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Please keep the dongle at least as an option in the future, Ive run in to many times over the last year and a half where I had to work off of my laptop and had no access to the internet so having the dongle is worth its weight in gold.

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Originally posted by BBB3 View Post
            Thanks Vlado. It's weird. After closing all instances of V-Ray-related apps in the task manager and restarting the old license server, everything works again.
            But that's weird, right? Since I read that 3.5 uses online licensing? Oh well.
            I've experienced this exact same thing.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

We found some glitch with the online server, so it's possible that you've hit it. It should be fixed for beta 2.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X