Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error during vray RT initialization in stage 9

Hi guys

i get this error a LOT. Im using the current BETA but it has happened to me several times in the past. Usually on heavier scenes around 5-10million polygons.

Any ideas what this is and what is causing it?

I have a GTX 1080 and a GTX 1070
    64 gig ram
    i7 6800k

Is this RT CPU or GPU? Does the issue occurs on a simple scene or on particular one? Can you send an example scene to support at chaosgroup.com and log files?
    GPU driver version?
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yeah this happens to me all the time too with heavy scenes with RT GPU since I upgraded to version 3.4.
      Max 2016 - Vray 3.40.02 2xGeforce GTX 1080 (but only using one for RT)

mekene

Comment

Ok, so what does Stage 9 mean actually ?
        Now I get this error all the time. When opening a fresh scene RT GPU works fine then after some time it starts throwing this stage 9 error.

mekene

Comment

Originally posted by theedge View Post
          Ok, so what does Stage 9 mean actually ?
          Now I get this error all the time. When opening a fresh scene RT GPU works fine then after some time it starts throwing this stage 9 error.
          Hi,

Unfortunately it's difficult to identify the issue easily by this error message. The first troubleshooting step would be to test one of the problematic files here and see if the issue can be reproduced. Then we will decide how to proceed further. Please send us the file to support@chaoagroup.com

Are you using any additional plugins in those scenes?
          Is that RT GPU production rendering mode or the Active shade one?
          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yes, there are several plugins used : Forestpack, Railclone, Laubwerk
            It's RT GPU used as Active Shade

I'll send the scene I'm currently working on to support.

As I said the problem does not appear immediately : When I open the scene and launch RT GPU it works fine. After stopping, working for a while, restarting it a few times it will eventually show the stage 9 error. The only solution then is to restart 3ds max.

mekene

Comment

Working...
            X