3ds Max 2017 - Render gets locked to one viewport and can't be changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds Max 2017 - Render gets locked to one viewport and can't be changed

I posted this over on the area but now it seems to be a V-Ray thing.....

sporadically the render gets locked to one viewport and can't be changed. I have to kill Max to get it to work normal again.

• no I'm not using F9 "render last"
    • V-Ray 3.403
    • 3dsMax2017 Update1
    • Windows 10
    • I also teach a 3d Max class at the School of Visual arts and all the students have the same problem.

When I was in class yesterday this was happening to students yet again. I noticed it seems to be the V-Ray render button on the V-Ray tool bar that gets stuck. If I click the 3ds Max render button it would work fine.
    Note: the lab computers do not have the latest 3ds Max 2017 update....
    Sean MacNintch

so I put this up on the Autodesk discussion boards as well with Alfred.DeFlaminis and he made the following comments....

"I wonder if this is related to the viewport bugfix in 2017. A while back a bug with viewport changing was fixed, and the behavior returned to the old/working state. I wonder if this is part of the problem."

"So this behavior is now 'fixed' and I believe that is part of the problem. I'm thinking that the toolbar may not have this fixed behavior in mind which is leading to your viewports being locked. For a couple years, pressing T would convert your perspective view to a top view and when you went to 4 up, you had 2 tops views. Now it moves you to the top viewport 'behind the scenes', the way it used to in 2010 and before. (I think it was 2010.) I'm guessing that this is the problem. Vlado is pretty communicative, this would be worth mentioning to him if he's not already aware. "

thoughts?
    Sean MacNintch

Comment

I thought it might somehow be related to the viewport bugfix in 2017 but it is a guess. If the problem is somehow coming from Max, I'd be happy to log whatever bug needs logging. Nothing but love for my Vray brethren.

EDIT: To clarify: If you maximize Perspective now and then press F or T when you go back to 4-up you'll be in whichever viewport you pressed instead of the perspective viewport quadrant you were in. (I.E. lower right to upper right, leaving the lower right viewport as a perspective instead of now having 2 tops or 2 left views.)

AJ
      Last edited by Deflaminis; 22-12-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X