Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom/Glare based on Object ID canal do not render in Vray 3.40.03

Hello,
    It's hours since I try to get a very simple Vray Lens Effect with no success.
    I would just like to have a circle representing a projector with Vray Light texture to glow and optionnaly glare, based on ObjectID properties
    and not the full scene.
    To have just this small circles glowing in the scene....
    I think that I made all possible tests with no success.
    The only way to get and FX is to affect nothing or 0 value to ObjectID field in VFB or Environment FX (same issue in both ways).
    In attachement, some screenshots of my very simple scene to better understand.
    3 circles with ObjID 1 / 2 / 3
    No ID 0 in the scene.
    I don't understand, it should be so simple
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bloom and  Object ID do not render.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	497.8 KB
ID:	886549

Any help will be welcome.
    I need to get this FX on LED light projectors for compositing underwater scenes.
    Needed to be included in the rendering for object occlusion reasons while in motion.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Light.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	886550

Thanks

Yes, as far as I remember this function doesn't in Vray 3.4. I've too had occasions where I wanted only certain IDs to generate glare and like you I also couldn't make it work with object IDs.

However, I see that it works in 3.5 Beta! So if you really need this functionality you can download the beta of 3.5 and try it out. Keep in mind that the beta might not be as stable and bug free as the upcoming official release.
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
      However, I see that it works in 3.5 Beta!
      ahhhhh great news !! 2017 will be a glare/bloom year
      Nicolas Caplat
      www.intangibles.fr

Comment

Working...
      X