Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflections in mtlwrapper

Hi,
    it's probably an extremely simple solution but I have obviously missed something somewhere.

See attached image. I want both the shadow and the reflection of selected objects to be included in render alpha. Wrapper settings on floor/wall according to image. When using a dark background in photoshop the shadows and reflections appear bright. Why is that?
    Attached Files
    Logic - the art of being wrong with confidence

Because photoshop sucks at everything compositing and alpha related

To get it right, you need to take colored alpha, invert it, multiply it on top of the background, and then add RGB without alpha over it

Comment

Haha! So, what are you saying? That it's finally time for me to dive into Pdplayer?

Comment

Originally posted by dougie View Post
        Haha! So, what are you saying? That it's finally time for me to dive into Pdplayer?
        Depends on what you do... Pdplayer is just image sequence player, not really compositing software. Fusion would be more appropriate

Comment

Just remember that photoshop thinks that alpha channels should have their own color space separate from your RGB. You can tinker with it in the settings and get a better alpha but it's never quite perfect from my experience. The whole thing is very silly but they insist this is some kind of feature for print. (Probably is.) Sucks for comping though. More info here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/916276

Then you bring it into Nuke or something (even after effects) and it works normally. ><

AJ

Comment

Great! Thanks! After Effects it is then.

Comment

Working...
            X