Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result Affect in VRayDirt not working with Render to Texture

Hallo,

I stumbled upon a problem when I tried to bake a VRayDirt map with the Render to Texture dialog. I am using VRay 3.40.03 and Max 2017 SP3.
    The dirt shadow you see in the red circle is from geometry that I have explicitly excluded from the dirt calculation with "Result Affect" set to exclude. As you can see the dirt calculation still seems to include the geometry in the calculation, but also the sampling seems to be very noisy when compared to the smooth AO in other places of this texture. Any idea why this excluded object leaks into the calculation?

The scene is very straightforward. All I did was pipe a dirt texture into a VRayLightMtl which I set to "compensate camera exposure". In the render to texture setting I chose a VRaySelfIlluminaton element and in the render settings I set the min subdivs to 1 and max to 8 (bucket mode).

Is this a known issue? I remember I had this issue in previous versions to, but for some reason didn't pursue it as this time.

Thank you!

Julian
    Attached Files

Hmm, I can't reproduce this with a simple setup and the same settings you mentioned above.
    Can you share the scene or a part of it to support@chaosgroup.com and include a link to this forum thread?
    Miroslav Ivanov
    Chaos Cosmos

Comment

I can't reproduce it with a simple setup either. I can't send you the scene, neither the whole nor a part of it. I will try to workaround it for now.

Comment

Alright. If this shows up again on a scene you can share, please do, so we can investigate. Thanks.
        Miroslav Ivanov
        Chaos Cosmos

Comment

Working...
        X