Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resumable rendering match settings to work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resumable rendering match settings to work.

Hello you guys.

This is what it happens. I’ve left my computer rendering a very heavy scene and left on the resumable render option in progressive mode in a 20 min interval (I am using vray 3.55.01 nightly).
    Lucky me when I woke up this morning, max crashed. Well… lets use the resumable file… but, when I was trying to resumen the render in my log showed me lots of problems.

Long story short, I had to match every render setting of my last file before max crashed (resolution, render elements, etc). So, this is going to be always like this? All my renders settings need to match the resumable render file? What happens If I do some changes without saving the max file? (I know that my log is going to showme what is the problem, but still is a drag :/ ).

Have a nice weekend everyone

For the render settings specifically, we can probably save them into the .vrprog file and allow you to load them (similar to the .vrimg files from the VFB history).

However if you make other changes to the scene, we have no way to know about that and you'll get some garbage result.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ok, noted.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        For the render settings specifically, we can probably save them into the .vrprog file and allow you to load them (similar to the .vrimg files from the VFB history).

However if you make other changes to the scene, we have no way to know about that and you'll get some garbage result.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I'm not sure how this resumable rendering works, but if you change something in the scene, you will need to re-render anyway?
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

hey Vizioen, you can find how it works in chaos labs site. .

honestly, never tried that... r u refering to change the settings? or the geometry, materials, etc?

Comment

Well I 'know' how it works, but I was just wondering that if (as Vlado stated) you change something in the scene, you'd want to render the whole thing again anyway, unless it's something small some where, but then you'd just let it render it out and then do a region render or something.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

It's up to you to ensure that there are no scene changes when resuming, we don't check that (apart from the resolution, render elements and image filtering). If the scene is changed, you should delete the .vrimg/.vrprog file so a new render is started, otherwise the results will be mixed between the new and the old scene.
              Note that it's not a problem to change the image sampling settings (min/max subdivs, render time, noise threshold) when using progressive sampling. It's not recommended to change any other settings.
              Radoslav Platikanov | Chaos R&D

Comment

noted. thanks

Comment

Working...
                X